ABOUT ALLENS LANE SUMMER ART CAMP:
Allens Lane Art Center Summer Art Camp is a fun, creative, and enriching experience for campers ages 5-15. Following our mission of making the arts accessible to our entire community, campers experience a variety of creative outlets. This year, each week will bring a new art workshop, medium, and theme to discover. Campers will participate in half-day visual arts, and half-day performing arts, ranging in painting, drawing, mixed media, ceramics, improv, character creation, script writing, dance, and more! Each day will also include fun outdoor activities in the surrounding Allens Lane Park. During Summer Art Camp, young artists will discover and hne their creativity and share it through weekly Friday afternoon showcases!
We are seeking experienced performing arts teachers to lead workshops in theater arts during our summer art camp. Workshops are held on a weekly basis between June 20 and August 11. The workshops are half-day, 9:30 - 12:00 and 1:00 to 3:30 pm, with 30 min outdoor wiggle break. To explore our offerings, please visit: https://allenslane.org/summer-camp-2023-registration/
Age groups are: 5-6, 7, 8, 9-11, and 12-15
Disciplines range in:
- Scriptwriting/Creative writing/Poetry
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach assigned classes and prepare lesson plans.
- Set up the classroom with the help of a Teaching Assistant with the necessary materials and clean up and put away supplies at the end of each class.
- Be prepared to design and lead activities for your age group in case of free time.
- Manage the classroom of 12- 15 young artists.
- Help the campers learn to participate and enjoy the camp experience by showing them how to do things in a friendly manner.
- Be aware of the campers’ medical conditions and needs.
- Demonstrate a team attitude – lead by example: be flexible, cooperative, and prompt.
- Provide campers with an enjoyable, productive, and above all, safe camping experience.
- Supervise Teaching Assistants and the Counselors in Training in maintaining a clean and orderly camp environment.
- Participate in staff meetings when requested.
- Optional: Assist with the Aftercare program 1 week as a bunk (5 evenings) during the summer.
Aftercare Camp runs from 3:30PM – 5:30PM.
- Be directly responsible to the Director of Education. Report serious problems and emergencies to the Director.
- We prefer that Teaching Artists are pursuing or have a degree or comparable professional experience in the arts (performing or visual).
- Ability to interact with all age levels. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of the development needs of youth.
- Ability to relate to youth and adults in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in program areas designated camp program areas.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 per hour
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
\Work Location: One location