Spiegelworld is currently seeking Guest Service Agents (Ushers) to join their team in Atlantic City for The Hook. As an Usher, you will be responsible for ensuring a positive and inviting atmosphere for guests at the venue. Your role will involve not only delivering exceptional service, but also entertaining and engaging with guests at a high level to leave a lasting impression. The ideal candidate should possess strong communication skills, excel in guest service, and have a people-oriented personality to effectively respond to guest needs. If you have a love for entertainment, outgoing personality, and excellent guest service skills, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to connect guests with Spiegelworld shows. This position reports directly to Ticketing and Venue Management.
- Identify and engage with potential guests through face-to-face interactions in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Efficiently scan tickets and escort guests to the correct seating location.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the venue including load-in/load-out and evacuation procedures.
- Check assigned section for cleanliness and assist in keeping venue clean during, between, and after shows.
- Willing to participate and perform in costume for entrance experience.
- Support guest and workplace safety by following established procedures.
- Visually sweep the venue for potential safety issues and lost/found items.
- Be aware of venue/house rules and enforce them in a courteous manner or escalate appropriately.
- Remain at assigned post throughout the event unless taking an assigned break.
- Notifies supervisors and/or security of any unusual events, circumstances, missing items or alleged thefts.
- Keeps all areas of work clean and organized.
- Performs all duties in accordance with departmental and Spiegelworld polices, practices, and procedures.
- Is a self-starter and able to work in a hectic fast-paced environment, while maintaining a professional, courteous demeanor.
- Performs all other job-related duties as requested.
The responsibilities of this position may change from time to time. Spiegelworld reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the company. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive
- A minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience is required. Ideal candidates will have worked directly in the entertainment or performing arts industries.
- Earned a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Physical requirements include ability to stand and walk for long periods of time; lift up to 40 lbs.; read small print on tickets; climb stairs; open doors repeatedly; and work in an environment with loud noises, flashing lights, haze, smoke effects and dim lights.
- Must be comfortable using a handheld device and two-way radio.
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in a single shift
- Must be comfortable wearing company provided costumes for guest experiences
- Strong work ethic with flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effectively assist with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness, poise and firmness.
- Display an understanding of, sensitivity to, and appreciation for the diverse ethnic, socio-economic, disability, and genders of guests and co-workers.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance, adhering to SPW uniform and appearance guidelines.
- Comfortable improvising in the moment as part of the guest experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbal.
- Able to work in a club/nightlife atmosphere with loud music, haze, smoke effects and flashing lights.
- Ability to remain calm under emergency situations with regards to guests and venue evacuations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Work Schedule / Hours
- Regular scheduled hours: Work Days: Varies Hours: Varies
- Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
Spiegelworld is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package to our eligible part-time employees. Benefits include access to a network of support for our employees’ health & well-being, and vacation time & paid time off including holiday pay opportunities. What’s more, Spiegelworld offers employee discounts on goods and services that will help our employees live a better and healthier life.