Auditions will be held for Manuscript, a dark comedy/thriller by Paul Grellong and presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service.
Director: Ashley Lora-Lee
Asst. Director: Roy Mendez
Location: The Village Players of Hatboro, 401 Jefferson Ave, Hatboro, PA 19040
● Sunday, June 11th at 7:00PM
● Wednesday, June 14th at 7:00PM
● CALLBACKS (IF NEEDED) BY INVITATION ONLY on Wednesday, June 21st at 7:00PM
Cold readings from the script will be provided. Please bring ALL conflicts between the time of auditions and the opening of the show.
● Rehearsals will take place on Sundays and Wednesdays at 6:30PM beginning Sunday July 9th.
All actors must be available on the following dates:
● Show Dates: November (2023) 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18
● Tech Week: October 29, 30, 31, and November 1
● Set Build: September 24
● Set Strike: November 19
In the bedroom of a Brooklyn Heights brownstone, three ambitious college freshmen confront the discovery of an unpublished manuscript that can guarantee success.
It’s winter break; the parents are out of town; and David is the host of this gathering. His best friend, Chris, is coming over with his new girlfriend from college, Elizabeth. Elizabeth is a famous author and David an aspiring one. They’ve come to party before a fancy holiday ball. But when Chris makes a run to get their drugs for the evening it becomes clear that David and Elizabeth have a secret history. To make matters worse, Chris returns with shocking news and a stack of pages that will change their lives forever. It appears that their supplier, a famous and famously reclusive author, has died of a drug overdose.
After discovering the body, Chris managed to salvage the only copy of his final work from the scene. As the bright young things scrap over what to do with the manuscript, their plotting is by turns hilarious and startlingly cruel. They spin out of control on their manipulative quest for fame and, ultimately, revenge. Little is what it seems, and no one can be trusted as plot twists pile up, and the play hurtles towards a surprise ending.
● Adult language and discussion of drug abuse and sex
Roles are open to all gender identities, races, and ethnic diversities.
• DAVID LEWIS – M, 18 years old. An aspiring novelist, slim, brainy, cagey, with a nervous sort of energy. Best friends with Chris and enamored of Elizabeth. Has a forceful kiss with Elizabeth.
• CHRIS FERRANDO – M or F, 19 years old. Athletic, wealthy, warm, and trusting. Best friends with David and boyfriend/girlfriend of Elizabeth. Has a quick kiss with Elizabeth.
• ELIZABETH HAWKINS – F, 18 years old. Pretty, sharp, quick-witted, and ambitious. A famous artist with a cutthroat edge. Girlfriend of Chris. Kisses both David and Chris.
Crew Members & Newbies:
Audition nights are a perfect time to come out, meet the director, and express your interest in helping out backstage, be it in the role of a stage manager, lights & sound operator, concessions, or whatever else you might like to do.
They’re also GREAT for first timers to come out and observe how things are done, maybe express interest in being a helper, or read for a part! We almost always cast at least one person who’s never been on stage before. You never know what can happen!
Questions? Please contact Director Ashley Lora-Lee at [email protected].