The Assistant will work closely with the Properties Manager to build, acquire and maintain props for the season in both rehearsal and performance. Interaction and support for other institutional needs like Education and Development may occur occasionally.
The Assistant Props Manger will:
· Report directly to Props Manager.
· Maintain integrity of Designer’s vision.
· Participate in production meetings as required.
· Attend rehearsal as required.
· Maintain clean and safe workspace.
· Help with research and sourcing of props needs.
· Assist in teaching run crews how to maintain show props.
· Work closely with Stage Management during rehearsal and performance runs.
· Interface and collaborate with other departments within Production.
· Demonstrated proficiency in basic stagecraft, including carpentry, stitching, painting.
· Knowledge and experience in a variety of materials.
· Physical demands include, but are not limited to, lifting, bending, climbing ladders and stairs.
· Able to work independently, proactively, and with a positive attitude
· Demonstrate a commitment to Equity and Inclusion
· Strong communication and listening skills
· Valid Driver’s License
· Photoshop expertise
· Upholstery familiarity
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
People’s Light is an equal opportunity employer. We work to cultivate a deep and wide reach in order to connect with prospective employees who have varied experiences and skills, a collaborative attitude, and the capacity and desire for growth.
NON-DISCRIMINATION HIRING POLICY
People’s Light seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to create an antiracist, socially just, and inclusive presence in Chester County and our surrounding community. People’s Light does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Applicants from populations historically underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter describing both your interest in theatre and/or technical production overall and in this position at People’s Light specifically, a resume, and 2-3 professional references to Chaz Brastow at [email protected]. Deadline: April 14, 2023 (or until filled.)